By Matt Englar-Carlson, Marcheta P. Evans, Thelma Duffey
Targeting the original possibilities and demanding situations associated
with counseling males, this booklet examines various critical
issues concerning the psychology of fellows and masculinity and
presents profitable, evidence-based suggestions for treatment.
Nationally famous students and clinicians with services in
treating males exhibit how you can holiday down boundaries to connecting
with male consumers and provides them the assistance they need.
After an introductory primer on counseling males, half One
focuses on treating males in counseling, crew work,
and profession counseling, in addition to counseling males approximately their well-being. half explores the
intersections of id for sexual minority males, older males, and fathers, and discusses
spiritual paintings with males in existence transitions. half 3 addresses the worries of guys in the
military, prevention of sexual violence, and treating males with addictions and trauma-related
issues. half 4 presents the categorical medical frames of girl counselors utilizing relational
cultural thought with males, and utilizing motivational and masculine-sensitive remedy with men.
Examples and vignettes are interspersed through the textual content offering scientific relevance,
and reflective questions inside each one bankruptcy inspire readers to discover their very own biases
and principles approximately operating with males
Read Online or Download A Counselor's Guide to Working With Men PDF
Best psychotherapy books
Positive factors new and up-to-date assignments and workouts to satisfy the altering wishes of psychological health and wellbeing professionals
The grownup Psychotherapy Homework Planner, moment version will give you an array of ready-to-use, between-session assignments designed to slot almost each healing mode. This easy-to-use sourcebook features:
• seventy nine ready-to-copy workouts masking the commonest concerns encountered through grownup consumers, together with such difficulties as chemical dependence, grief, monetary rigidity, and occasional self-esteem
• A quick-reference format—the interactive assignments are grouped by way of behavioral difficulties together with nervousness, sleep disturbance, Posttraumatic pressure affliction, Obsessive-Compulsive ailment, dissociation, and consuming disorders
• specialist suggestions on how and whilst to take advantage of effective use of the exercises
• Assignments which are cross-referenced to the entire grownup Psychotherapy remedy Planner, Fourth Edition—so you could speedy establish the perfect workout for a given state of affairs or problem
Additional assets within the PracticePlanners series:
• remedy Planners hide the entire worthy components for constructing formal healing procedures, together with distinctive challenge definitions, long term targets, momentary ambitions, healing interventions, and DSM diagnoses.
• development Notes Planners include entire, prewritten development notes for every featuring challenge within the spouse therapy Planners.
• for additional info on our PracticePlanners items, together with our complete line of therapy Planners, stopover at us on the internet at: www. wiley. com/practiceplanners
If you’re looking a finished, present, and obtainable advisor to psychotherapy supervision, seek advice Psychotherapy Supervision: idea, study, and perform, 2d variation, the expected revision of the unique best-seller. comprehend thought versions of supervision, therapy-specific recommendation, systems, exact populations, learn, specialist and intercultural matters, and tool kin distinctive to the supervisory courting.
Counseling psychologists have constantly been vitally considering selling stable well-being and fighting psychological, actual, and social issues. This quantity specializes in how their efforts can foster and construct optimum human energy and overall healthiness. The chapters express how counseling psychology performs a huge position in aiding humans make adjustments at domestic, at paintings, and in the neighborhood in ways in which hinder ailment possibility and advance own and social assets.
This timesaving source features:Treatment plan parts for 35 behaviorally dependent featuring problemsOver 1,000 prewritten remedy objectives, pursuits, and interventions—plus house to list your individual therapy plan optionsA step by step advisor to writing therapies that meet the necessities of so much accrediting our bodies, insurance firms, and third-party payorsIncludes new Evidence-Based perform Interventions as required through many public investment assets and personal insurersPracticePlanners® THE BESTSELLING therapy making plans approach FOR psychological healthiness PROFESSIONALSThe Psychotherapy remedy Planner, moment variation offers the entire components essential to speedy and simply strengthen formal treatment options that fulfill the calls for of HMOs, controlled care businesses, third-party payors, and nation and federal businesses.
- Writing Papers in Psychology
- Research in Counselling and Psychotherapy: Practical Applications
- Bereavement Care for Families
- Handbook of Psychotherapy Integration (2nd Edition)
Additional info for A Counselor's Guide to Working With Men
Marcheta’s proactive response to ACA members’ queries paved a path for this project, and I am truly grateful to be part of this work. I am grateful to Mark Kiselica, not only for his pioneering work on counseling men, but also for his wise counsel and recommendation. Matt was a perfect fit for our team, and he has brought great passion and expertise to both projects. Matt, I, too, hope this is just the beginning of our work together! I would like to acknowledge my colleagues in the Department of Counseling at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
Beyond the crisis of masculinity: A transtheoretical model for male-friendly therapy. Washington, DC: APA Books. Bruch, M. A. (1978). Holland’s typology applied to client–counselor interaction: Implications for counseling men. The Counseling Psychologist, 7, 26–32. Cardemil, E. V. (2008). Culturally sensitive treatments: Need for an organizing framework. Culture and Psychology, 14, 357–366. xxviii Preface Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2010). Suicide: Facts at a glance (DHSS fact sheet).
If one looks only at traditional men, one runs the risk of reconstructing traditional forms of male privilege by adapting services only to those who match the dominant norm for men, rather than ethnic minority, poor, or sexual minority men. Understand the Role of Stigma for Men Moving beyond gender norms, counselors may be more successful targeting mediating factors that influence male help-seeking behavior. In the case of the decision to seek counseling, people often weigh the possible benefits, consequences, and social norms related to counseling and arrive at a decision based on a variety of factors.
A Counselor's Guide to Working With Men by Matt Englar-Carlson, Marcheta P. Evans, Thelma Duffey